Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 23, Another day of LOVE



Today, the world is celebrating another day of love. Several nations ,of which Saint George is the patron saint, such as Spain (Catalonia), England, Portugal, Georgia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the Republic of Macedonia celebrates the Diada de Sant Jordi/ St. George's Day.

This a tradition where in Catalonia, Spain which has a similarity with Valentines Day. The tradition every April 23 is the exchange of gifts between sweethearts, loved ones and respected ones. In the past men gave their girlfriends and wives roses and women gave their boyfriends and husbands a book to celebrate the occasion.

In current times, this mutual exchange of books is customary. Roses have been associated with this day since medieval times, but the giving of books is a more recent tradition. Thus, is a day also known in Catalonia as el dia de la rosa (The Day of the Rose) or el dia del llibre (The Day of the Book) that inspired UNESCO to declare April 23 as the International Day of the Book.

So, I just want to say "Te amo y te echos de menos muchos" to my love and special one. If i was there then I can celebrate that tradition with you!I'm sorry didn't buy a book for me to give.:-). I love u so. mwah!

Even I dont know how it feel like to celebrate this day but still i celebrate it because of love.Hope I can celebrate it in real in the future. So people let us celebrate this day of love and greet our loved ones to let them feel how we love them. Tell them now!!!!!:)

No comments: